[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Folcroft 5-9-1977 by Ord. No. 659 (Ch. 6, Part 2, of the 2006 Code of Ordinances). Amendments noted where applicable.]
For the purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
- Ethyl alcohol of any degree of proof originally produced by the distillation of any fermented liquid, whether rectified or diluted with or without water, whatever may be the origin thereof, and shall include synthetic ethyl alcohol but shall not mean or include ethyl alcohol, whether or not diluted, that has been denatured or otherwise rendered unfit for beverage purposes.
- All public parks located within the Borough of Folcroft.
- Any individual, whether a resident or nonresident of the Borough of Folcroft, and whether male or female.
- PUBLIC PROPERTY
- All property owned by the Borough of Folcroft.
- PUBLIC WAY OR PLACE
- Every way or place, in whatever nature, located within the Borough of Folcroft, open to the use of the public as a matter of right, for the purposes of vehicular or pedestrian travel.
It shall be unlawful for any person to willfully consume in or upon public ways, parks, places or property within the Borough of Folcroft any beverage containing any percentage of alcohol whatsoever.
The possession of an open container containing a beverage with any percentage of alcohol whatsoever in and upon the public ways, parks, places or property of the Borough of Folcroft shall be prima facie evidence of consumption of such beverage in violation of this chapter.
[Amended 12-10-1990 by Ord. No. 835; 11-21-2006 by Ord. No. 990]
Any person, firm or corporation who shall violate any provision of this chapter, upon conviction thereof, shall be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than $25 nor more than $100 for the first offense and not less than $50 not more than $1,000 plus costs for the second and each subsequent offense in any three-hundred-sixty-five-day period and, in default of payment of said fine and costs, to a term of imprisonment not to exceed 30 days. Each day that a violation of this chapter continues shall constitute a separate offense.