[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of North Brentwood as Ch. VII, Art. 4, Title 2, of the 1990 Code of Ordinances. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any book, magazine, newspaper, or other printed or written material or any picture, drawing, photograph, motion picture, or other pictorial representation or any statue or other figure, or any recording, transcription or mechanical, chemical, or electrical reproduction or any other article, equipment or machines.
- Any person under 18 years of age.
- That to the average person applying contemporary community standards:
- A. The predominant appeal of the matter taken as a whole is to prurient interest; i.e., a shameful or morbid interest in sexual conduct, nudity, or excretion;
- B. The matter depicts or describes in a patently offensive manner sexual conducted regulated by applicable state laws; and
- C. The work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.
It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly exhibit or distribute or make available any obscene material to any minor within the Town of North Brentwood.
Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter, or any lawful order issued by the police in pursuance thereof, or committing any of the acts declared to be unlawful by this chapter, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof, shall be subject to a fine not to exceed $100, or may be confined to the county jail for a period not to exceed 30 days, and where the offense is of a continuing nature, each day's violation shall be deemed a separate offense.