This chapter shall be known as the "Village of Dering Harbor Environmental Quality Review Law."
The purpose of this chapter is to implement, for the Village of Dering Harbor, the provisions of the State Environmental Quality Review Act and the State Environmental Quality Review Regulations, thereby incorporating environmental factors and understanding into local planning and decision-making processes.
This chapter is adopted as a local law pursuant to the authority of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the State Environmental Quality Review Act, Article 8 of the Environmental Conservation Law, and the regulations promulgated thereunder (6 NYCRR 617).
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Draft environmental impact statement.
- Environmental assessment form.
- Environmental impact statement.
- LOCAL AGENCY
- All agencies, departments, boards, offices and officers of the Village of Dering Harbor.
- STATE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY REVIEW ACT (SEQRA)
- Article 8 of the Environmental Conservation Law which is Chapter 43B of the Consolidated Laws of the State of New York.
- The Village of Dering Harbor.
All agencies, boards, departments, offices, other bodies or officers of the Village of Dering Harbor shall comply with SEQRA, Part 617 of the New York Codes, Rules and Regulations and this chapter to the extent applicable, prior to carrying out, approving or funding any action other than an exempt, excluded or Type II action.
The provisions of this chapter are severable. If any part or provision is found invalid, such finding shall only apply to the particular provision and circumstances in question. The remainder of this chapter and the application of any disputed provision to other circumstances shall remain valid.