[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Council of the City of El Paso 7-15-2019 by Ord. No. 1029. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Editor's Note: This ordinance was adopted as Ch. 276 but was renumbered in order to maintain the alphabetical organization of the Code.
For the purpose of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning:
- CANNABIS BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT
- A cultivation center, craft grower, processing organization, dispensing organization, or transporting organization.
- CRAFT GROWER
- A facility operated by an organization or business that is licensed by the Department of Agriculture to cultivate, dry, cure, and package cannabis and perform other necessary activities to make cannabis available for sale at a dispensing organization or use at a processing organization.
- CULTIVATION CENTER
- A facility operated by an organization or business that is licensed by the Department of Agriculture to cultivate, process, transport (unless otherwise limited by the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act), and perform other necessary activities to provide cannabis and cannabis-infused products to cannabis business establishments.
- DISPENSING ORGANIZATION
- A facility operated by an organization or business that is licensed by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to acquire cannabis from a cultivation center, craft grower, processing organization, or another dispensary for the purpose of selling or dispensing cannabis, cannabis-infused products, cannabis seeds, paraphernalia, or related supplies under this Act to purchasers or to qualified registered medical cannabis patients and caregivers. As used in this chapter, dispensing organization shall include a registered medical cannabis organization as defined in the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act or its successor Act that has obtained an early approval adult use dispensing organization license.
- PROCESSING ORGANIZATION
- A facility operated by an organization or business that is licensed by the Department of Agriculture to either extract constituent chemicals or compounds to produce cannabis concentrate or incorporate cannabis or cannabis concentrate into a product formulation to produce a cannabis product.
- TRANSPORTING ORGANIZATION
- An organization or business that is licensed by the Department of Agriculture to transport cannabis on behalf of a cannabis business establishment or a community college licensed under the Community College Cannabis Vocational Training Pilot Program.
Pursuant to the authority reserved to the City of El Paso under Section 55-25 of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act, the City of El Paso does hereby prohibit all cannabis business establishments within the City of El Paso. No cannabis business establishment may operate within the City of El Paso at any time.
Failure to comply with any requirements of this chapter shall constitute a violation; and any person, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined no less than $250 but no more than $750 for each offense. Each day the violation continues shall constitute a separate offense.