[Adopted 12-15-2015 by Ord. No. 12:14-15]
As used in this article, the following words shall have the meanings indicated:
- ANIMAL CARE FACILITY
- An animal control center or animal shelter, maintained by or under contract with any state, county, or municipality, whose mission and practice is, in whole, or significant part, the rescue and placement of animals in permanent homes or rescue organizations.
- ANIMAL RESCUE ORGANIZATION
- Any not-for profit organization which has tax-exempt status under § 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code, whose mission and practice is, in whole or in significant part, the rescue and placement of animals in permanent homes.
- OFFER FOR SALE
- To sell, offer for sale or adoption, advertise for the sale of, barter, auction, give away or otherwise dispose of a dog or cat.
- PET SHOP
- A retail establishment where dogs and cats are kept in any room or group of rooms, cage or exhibition pen and are sold, exchanged, bartered or offered for sale as pet animals to the general public at retail. Pet shops are prohibited in all residential zones. Such definition shall not include an animal care facility or animal rescue organization, as defined.