[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Cranbury 12-27-1948; amended in its entirety 9-27-2004 by Ord. No. 09-04-24. Subsequent amendments noted where applicable.]
Municipal Public Defender — See Ch. 30, Art. II.
A Municipal Court for Cranbury Township was established as of January 1, 1949, pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.A. 28:12-1 et seq., as amended and supplemented.
The name of the Municipal Court is "Municipal Court of Cranbury Township."
The Municipal Court shall have a seal which shall bear the impress of the name of the Court.
All of the duties and responsibilities of the Municipal Court of the Township of Cranbury required by New Jersey law shall be carried out and exercised by the Municipal Court of the Township of Plainsboro, pursuant to an agreement approved by the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts.
Summonses and other Municipal Court matters arising out of actions taking place in Cranbury Township shall be directed to and disposed of in the Municipal Court of the Township of Plainsboro.
Disposition of fines and other fees shall be in accordance with an agreement between the townships of Cranbury and Plainsboro, as approved, if required, by the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts.