[HISTORY: Adopted by Town Council of the Town of Wethersfield 10-16-1989. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following described property is set aside and dedicated to the people of Wethersfield by the Town as parkland:
The land located on Cedar Street and designated as "Lot Number EPT2" and the land located on Crest Street and designated as "Lot Number 6," both designations as described in the Development Designation Report, Phases 1-4, dated September, 1989.
The land known as "Wintergreen Woods."
The land known as the "1860 Reservoir," "Standish Park" and "Mill Woods Park," as described in the Conservation Commission's Inventory of Open Space.
The land known as "Cove Park," "William J. Pitkin Recreation Complex," "Solomon Welles House and Grounds," "Broad Street Green," the "Beaver Brook Linear Park" (Spring Street and Wells Road) and "Hanmer Park," as described in the Conservation Commission's Inventory of Open Space.
The land now known as "Tanglewood Open Space" and to be referred to in the future as the "Tanglewood Nature Preserve."
The land now known as "Savage Park," located on the west side of the Silas Deane Highway and designated on the Tax Assessor's Map No. 205, Parcel, 71, and to be referred to in the future as "Savage Park."
The Town of Wethersfield, through its Town Council, shall study and examine all other Town-owned land for a similar parkland designation.
There may be no significant modification to environmentally sensitive areas in parks except under the following conditions:
That such a proposed modification is made pursuant to a master plan;
The proposed modification has the prior approval of the Conservation Commission, the Inland Wetland Commission, Advisory Recreation and Parks Board, the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Town Council; and
The master plan has the prior approval of the Town Council and any other appropriate boards and commissions that the Town Council may designate or appoint to review the proposed master plan.