[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Paramus 10-26-1978 by Ord. No. 78-23. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Zoning — See Ch. 429.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- COMMERCIAL RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
- Any nongovernmental business entity, public or private, providing recreational activity.
- A sudden unexpected happening which may have an immediate serious detrimental effect on life, limb or health.
- FIRST AID ASSISTANCE
- The application of immediate medical treatment to minor injuries not of an emergent nature.
- NURSING HOME
- An institution of care for the aged or for ill people, other than a hospital.
- TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES
- Any motor vehicle capable of transporting nonambulatory persons from one place to another.
All nursing homes within the confines of the Borough of Paramus shall be and are hereby required to own, lease, rent or have an immediately available vehicle suitable to be used for the conveyance of nonambulatory nonemergency patients as the need arises.
All commercial recreational facilities within the Borough of Paramus shall have on its premises facilities and personnel to administer first aid to those victims who may be injured, which injury may be of a nonemergency nature.
[Amended 11-24-1992 by Ord. No. 92-23; 3-14-2006 by Ord. No. 06-2]
Any person, firm or corporation violating any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be subject to the penalties provided by § 1-15 of this Code. Each day that this chapter is violated shall be deemed and taken to be a separate offense.