This Part 2 shall be know and referred to as "Administration and Compliance Provisions."
The purpose of this Part 2 is to provide the basic method for uniform administration of, and compliance with, applicable housing standards and to establish the responsibilities of those concerned therewith.
This Part 2 shall apply to the provisions and to premises within the scope of Part 1.
Notwithstanding any of the requirements of Part 1, for premises, buildings, or structures which do not conform thereto, in whole or in part, on the effective date and which require substantial alterations or installations to satisfy any such requirements, although in violation thereof, the Housing Code Inspector may grant a reasonable period of time, up to one year after the effective date, within which the premises, buildings, or structures are to be made to conform, except if a building or structure is found to be dangerous and unsafe, in which event, prompt compliance with the requirements herein provided shall be undertaken and carried out. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to extend compliance with any or all the provisions of the Uniform Code.
As used in this Part 1, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- The designated representative of an owner, lessor, operator, occupant, or person, as filed with the agency.
- The grantor of a lease interest in premises.
- The person in occupancy, or in possession, or in control of premises, or using premises.
- The person engaged in the activity of renting or providing space or premises for occupancy or use by others.
- The person exercising dominion or control over, or vested with title in, premises; a proprietor (legal owner, joint owner, part owner, record owner, equitable owner, reputed owner, or their successors in interest); or the respective agent of any of them.
- The owner, lessor, operator, or occupant of premises or any firm or corporation directly or indirectly in control of premises.
- The land (improved or unimproved), place, property, buildings, structures, equipment, facilities, and improvements, if any.