[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Chittenango 1-22-2008 by L.L. No. 3-2008. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Unsafe buildings — See Ch. 59.
Uniform construction codes — See Ch. 63.
Fire apparatus — See Ch. 77.
Subdivision of land — See Ch. 125.
Zoning — See Ch. 148.
Editor's Note: Section 2 of this local law stated that it adopted the existing New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code which shall include all amendments to the Uniform Code which may occur after the effective date of this local law.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have meanings ascribed to them, unless the text otherwise requires:
- The State Fire Administrator, established pursuant to Article 6-C of § 372 of the Executive Law.
- A combination of any materials, whether portable or fixed, having a roof, to form a structure affording shelter for persons, animals or property. The word "building" shall be construed when used herein as though followed by the words "or part or parts thereof" unless the context clearly requires a different meaning. The term "building" shall also mean "manufactured homes" and "modular homes."
- The construction, reconstruction, alteration, conversion, repair, installation of equipment or use of buildings, and requirements or standards relating to or affecting materials used in connection therewith, including provisions for safety and sanitary conditions.
- The State Fire Prevention and Building Code Council created by § 374 of the Executive Law.
- STATE AGENCY
- Any department, bureau, commission, board, public authority or other agency of the state, including any public benefit corporation, any member of whose board is appointed by the governor.
- UNIFORM CODE or CODE
- The New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code promulgated pursuant to § 377 of the Executive Law.
No construction of a building shall be undertaken in the Village of Chittenango unless the same is undertaken in compliance with the rules and regulations promulgated by the Administrator of the Fire Code and by the Council of the state agency overseeing fire prevention and construction, appointed by the governor of New York, or established by the legislature hereafter, and titled "the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code."
The Village shall administer and enforce the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code as provided in Local Law No. 7 of 2006.