[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Council of the City of Haverhill as Ch. 1, Art. III, of the 1963 City Code (Ch. 33, Art. II, of the 1980 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
City Flag — See Ch. 39.
The following shall be the device of the Seal of the City:
A circle enclosing the legend in the rim: over the top, the word "HAVERHILL" and below, the words "SETTLED 1640, INSTITUTED A CITY 1870."
Inside the rim, a beaded circle enclosing the coat of arms: a shield; in top a right arm embowed, holding in the hand a shoemaker's hammer; on the right side a slipper and on the left a congress boot; in base a landscape with Golden Hill and the rising sun; on the right side two Indian wigwams; on the left a block of modern factories; separating the same a glimpse of Merrimack River.
Beneath the arms a wreath of oak and laurel, the oak on the left side, the laurel on the right side.
Crest, a mural coronet; in a scroll over the crest the Indian name of Haverhill: PENTUCKET.
The City Seal shall be in the keeping of the City Clerk, and all deeds and other legal documents made, given or entered into by the City, requiring a seal, shall be sealed with the City Seal.