[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Borough of Barnegat Light 10-6-1980 by Ord. No. 80-11 (Sec. 3-15 of the Revised General Ordinances). Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- ADULT BOOKSTORE
- An establishment having as a substantial or significant portion of its stock-in-trade books, magazines and other periodicals and films and other viewing materials which are distinguished or characterized by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing or relating to specified sexual activities, sexual conduct or specified anatomical areas or an establishment with a segment or section devoted to the sale or display of such material.
- ADULT MOTION PICTURE THEATER
- An enclosed building used for presenting material distinguished or characterized by an emphasis on matter depicting, describing or relating to specified sexual activities, sexual conduct or specified anatomical areas for observation by patrons therein.
- MOTION PICTURE
- Film or films in which any person is shown, depicted or revealed in an act of sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse.
- SADOMASOCHISTIC ABUSE
- Flagellation or torture by or upon a human being who is nude or clad in undergarments or the condition of one who is nude or so clothed and is being fettered, bound or otherwise physically restrained.
- SEXUAL CONDUCT
- Human masturbation or sexual intercourse between members of the same or opposite sex or between humans and animals, in an act of apparent sexual stimulation or gratification.
No person shall operate any establishment or utilize any premises in the Borough of Barnegat Light as or for an adult bookstore or any adult motion-picture theater.