[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Borough Council of the Borough of Berlin 5-28-2003 by Ord. No. 2003:8. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Editor's Note: This ordinance superseded former Ch. 59, Records, Public Access to, Art. I, Fees, adopted 8-21-2002 by Ord. No. 2002:14.
The forms to request government and police records adopted by the custodian of government records for the Borough of Berlin pursuant to N.J.S.A. 47:1A-5(f), and approved by resolution of the governing body of the Borough of Berlin, must be completed in full and submitted to the custodian of government records as required by N.J.S.A. 47:1A-5(g) in order to obtain copies of government records as provided by N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.
As used in this chapter:
- ACCESS FORM
- The form or forms adopted by the custodian of government records for use by any person or entity who requests access to government records.
- CUSTODIAN OF GOVERNMENT RECORDS or CUSTODIAN
- The Borough Clerk.
- EXTRAORDINARY CHARGE
- A charge, in addition to the actual cost of duplicating the Government Record(s), which shall reflect the expense associated with extensive use of Borough information, technology, programming or other resources, or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by Borough personnel necessary to provide access to the record(s).
- GOVERNMENT RECORD(S) or RECORD(S)
- Any information subject to public inspection which is maintained by the Borough in written, audio, video, electronic or other form.
- Any person or entity who requests access to a Government Record pursuant to this chapter or the State Law on Examination and Copies of Public Records, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.
The fees for copies of government records shall be:
Records in 8.5 inches by 11 inches or 8.5 inches by 14 inches format:
Postage and surcharges:
Postage and handling costs and will be added to all requests for public records required to be mailed and will be determined at the time of request.
A surcharge of $0.50 per page will be applied to all records sent by fax.
Extraordinary service charges shall be applied for any extensive use of information, technology, or for the labor costs of personnel providing the service that is actually incurred by the Borough for programming, clerical and supervisory assistance required to provide a Government Record(s) in the medium requested if it is not a medium routinely used by the Borough, not routinely developed or maintained by the Borough or requiring a substantial amount of manipulation or programming of information. This rate shall be $45 per hour for programming and supervisory assistance and $35 per hour for clerical assistance.