Questions about eCode360? Municipal users Join us Monday through Wednesday between 12pm and 1pm EDT to get answers and other tips!
City of Camdenton, MO
Camden County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[Ord. No. 2776-19, 10-1-2019[1]]
A. 
As soon as practicable after October 1, 2019, the next regularly scheduled City of Camdenton Municipal Court Docket, but no later than six (6) months from the effective date of this Section, the City of Camdenton Municipal Court shall be transferred to the Camden County 26th Circuit Court, and City of Camdenton Municipal Division cases shall be heard in the Camden County 26th Circuit Court Associate Division.
B. 
The City Administrator and/or Mayor is authorized to take all actions necessary to transfer the City of Camdenton Municipal Court to the Camden County 26th Circuit Court and effectuate the transfer of City of Camdenton Municipal Division cases to be heard in the Camden County 26th Associate Circuit Court.
[1]
Editor’s Note: Pursuant to this ordinance, former Ch. 125, Municipal Court, as amended, was repealed, retaining only this Section and Section 125.320, Court Costs.
[Ord. No. 2776-19, 10-1-2019]
A. 
So long as City court cases are heard by the Camden County Associate Circuit Judge, in addition to any fine that may be imposed by the Judge in any case filed in the Camdenton Municipal Division of the 26th Judicial Circuit Court, and in addition to all other fees authorized or required by law, there shall be assessed as costs on each case the following:
1. 
Fifteen dollars ($15.00) for Court costs pursuant to Court Operating Rule 21.01(a)(5), and §§ 479.260 and 488.012, RSMo.
2. 
Three dollars ($3.00) for Police Officer standards and training (POST)/Law Enforcement Training Fund surcharge of a total of three dollars ($3.00) pursuant to § 488.5336, RSMo. Pursuant to said statute, two dollars ($2.00) of each such Court cost shall be used to pay for Police Officer training. The City shall not retain for training purposes more than one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) of such funds for each certified Law Enforcement Officer or candidate for certification employed by the City. Any excess funds shall be transmitted quarterly to the City's General Fund. One dollar ($1.00) shall be sent to the State Treasury to the credit of the Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission Fund created by § 590.178, RSMo.
3. 
Seven dollars and fifty cents ($7.50) for Crime Victims' Compensation (CVC) Fund surcharge pursuant to §§ 488.5339 and 595.045.6, RSMo. Pursuant to said statutes, five percent (5%) of such moneys shall be payable to the city treasury of the city from which such funds were collected. The remaining ninety-five percent (95%) of such moneys shall be payable to the Director of Revenue.
4. 
Three dollars ($3.00) for Sheriffs' Retirement Fund surcharge pursuant to § 488.024, RSMo.
5. 
Two dollars ($2.00) for Inmate Prisoner Detainee Security Fund surcharge pursuant to § 488.5026, RSMo.
6. 
Two dollars ($2.00) pursuant to § 488.607, RSMo., for the purpose of providing operating expenses for shelters for battered persons.
7. 
Seven dollars ($7.00) pursuant to §§ 488.027 and 488.012, RSMo., for Statewide Court automation fee.
8. 
No Court costs shall be charged in any case that has been dismissed by the Court or when Court costs are waived by the Court.