For the purposes of this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
- The pertinent provisions of the State Optional Municipal
Charter Law (N.J.S.A. 40:69A-1 et seq., as amended) governing the
Council-Manager Plan (N.J.S.A. 40:69A-81 et seq.) under which the
Township government is constituted.[Amended 2-14-2006 by Ord. No. 3591]
- An organized unit of the government established or designated by this chapter as a department or any agency or instrumentality not allocated or assigned to such organizational unit.
- An organized subunit of a department.
- GENERAL LAW
- Statutes which are not inconsistent with this Charter and either are, by their terms, applicable or available to all municipalities or relate to local courts, education, health, welfare or public authorities serving more than one municipality and municipalities in an unsound financial condition.
- The Municipal Manager appointed pursuant to the Charter or any Assistant Manager or Acting Manager temporarily serving in place of the Manager, pursuant to the Charter or Township ordinance.
- MUNICIPAL and MUNICIPALITY
- The Township.
- Any and all ordinances of the Township in force and effect on November 1, 1986, and thereafter.
[Amended 2-14-2006 by Ord. No. 3591]
The administrative and legislative functions, powers and duties, except as are by the Charter or general law reserved to the Council, shall be allocated among and within the following functional areas:
Recreation, Community Celebrations and Parks Administration. (See Article VIII.)
[Amended 1-14-1997 by Ord. No. 1990]
Special services, boards, committees and commissions. In addition to the organizational units described in this chapter, there are special services, boards, committees and commissions cited in the Code of the Township of Franklin only to provide legislative authority for elements identified, known as required by state law and audit requirements. Inclusion of these entities does not necessarily mean that they are staffed. The special services, boards, committees, commissions and authorities shall include those enumerated in Chapter 13, Boards, Commissions and Committees, of the Code.