Borough of West Chester, PA
Chester County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[Note: All listings are alphabetical by street name and chronological for individual streets. All ordinances not including the name of the street or alley affected are listed chronologically under "unnamed."]
GENERAL REFERENCES
Streets and sidewalks (general regulations) — See Ch. 95.
Adams Street extended. (Ord. No. 48, enacted 10-14-1891)
Adams Street ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 11-9-1955)
Biddle Street, East, vacated in part. (Ord. enacted 4-12-1950)
Biddle Street, West, extended. (Part of an ordinance enacted 12-10-1952)
Cherry Alley, portion west of South Brandywine Street, between Price Street and Dean Street, vacated. (Ord. No. 12-2008, enacted 8-20-2008)
Chestnut Street, West, portion of, vacated. (Ord. No. 13-1994, enacted 9-28-1994)
Clarke Street, portion of, vacated. (Ord. No. 10-1992, enacted 6-17-1992)
College Avenue, name changed from Normal Avenue. (Ord. No. 232, enacted 1-11-1928)
Convent Lane opened. (Ord. No. 321, enacted 5-24-1940)
Corcoran Alley accepted. (Ord. No. 222, enacted 7-11-1923)
Court Street, also known as "Court House Alley," vacated in part. (Ord. No. 4-63, enacted 2-13-1963)
Court Street, portion of, dedicated. (Res. No. 7-64 of 10-14-1964)
Denney Tag Alley, also known as "Clinton Alley," vacated in part. (Ordinance enacted 9-12-1945)
Ebbs Alley extended. (Part of an ordinance enacted 12-10-1952)
Elizabeth Street vacated. (Resolution of 7-9-1930)
Elmer Street named. (Ord. No. 123, enacted 9-10-1907)
Elmer Street, between Bolmar Street and Worthington Street, vacated. (Part of an ordinance enacted 5-11-1949)
Elmer Street vacated. (Part of Ord. No. 16-66, enacted 11-18-1966)
Evans Street, portion of, vacated. (Ord. No. 25-1988, enacted 12-14-1988)
Everhart Avenue opened (section thereof). (Ord. No. 225, enacted 1-13-1926)
Everhart Avenue, North, extended. (Part of an ordinance enacted 12-10-1952)
Fayette Street, West, extended. (Part of an ordinance enacted 12-10-1952)
Gay Street, between High Street and Matlack Street, straightened and located. (Ord. No. 325, enacted 7-1-1940)
Goshen Road, renamed from Goshen Avenue. (Ord. No. 3-1999, enacted 1-20-1999)
Hannum Avenue, renamed from Strasburg Road from its beginning at Gay Street and New Street to the western line of the borough. (Part of an ordinance enacted 3-11-1858)
High Street, lines and grades thereof established and approved. (Resolution of 8-10-1927)
High Street, North, grade fixed, widened and opened. (Ord. No. 232, enacted 9-14-1927)
High Street, between Union Street and Dean Street, width of sidewalk on west side thereof fixed. (Ordinance enacted 6-13-1945)
Hillside Drive ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 10-12-1949)
Hillside Drive ordained. (Ordinance enacted 5-12-1954)
Linden Street ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 3-14-1956)
Magnolia Street extension ordained. (Ord. No. 182, enacted 3-10-1915)
Magnolia Street vacated in part. (Ord. No. 336, enacted 5-13-1942)
Magnolia Street, between Bolmar Street and a certain alley, vacated. (Part of an ordinance enacted 5-11-1949)
Maple Alley ordained. (Ordinance enacted 6-8-1949)
Market Street, West, widened. (Ord. No. 92, enacted 5-19-1903)
Market Street, between Walnut Street and a private street belonging to the Pennsylvania Railroad, width of sidewalk on south side thereof fixed. (Ordinance enacted 6-20-1949)
Marshall Drive ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 10-12-1949)
Marshall Drive ordained. (Ordinance enacted 12-13-1950)
Mayfield Avenue accepted. (Part of Res. No. 10-62 of 5-9-1962)
Miner Street, regulating width of. (Ord. No. 212, enacted 4-14-1920)
New Street, North, relocated in part (state highway portion). (Res. No. 16-60 of 9-6-1960)
Nields Street extended. (Ord. No. 49, enacted 1-16-1892)
Nields Street opened. (Ord. No. 308, enacted 1-25-1939)
Patton Avenue, renamed from Boot Road from its beginning in Gay Street east of Matlack Street, at a corner of Dr. Isaac Thomas's yard, to the north line of the borough. (Part of an ordinance enacted 3-11-1858)
Penn Street, between Barnard Street and Union Street, vacated. (Ordinance enacted 2-9-1949)
Penn Street, between Union Street and Elmer Street, vacated. (Part of an ordinance enacted 5-11-1949)
Penn Street ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 3-14-1956)
Prescott Avenue, from North New Street easterly 300.59 feet, vacated. (Ord. No. 5-1974, enacted 3-13-1974)
Preston Street, West, name changed from Pyles Alley (for a section thereof). (Ord. No. 263, enacted 4-13-1932)
Rigg Alley ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 11-9-1955)
Rosedale Avenue extended. (Part of an ordinance enacted 11-9-1955)
Rosedale Avenue ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 3-14-1956)
Route No. 137, Section 5, State Highway, Gay Street and Hannum Avenue, relocated and opened. (Ord. No. 322, enacted 6-7-1940)
South Brandywine Street, portion south of Nields Street, dedicated. (Ord. No. 11-1973, enacted 10-10-1973)
Spring Grove Lane opened. (Ord. No. 309, enacted 1-25-1939)
Union Street widened. (Ord. No. 91, enacted 3-16-1903)
University Avenue, name changed from College Avenue between South High Street and South Church Street. (Ord. No. 1-1984, enacted 1-11-1984)
University Avenue (Ord. No. 26-1989, enacted 11-22-1989; repealed by Ord. No. 1-1990, enacted 2-26-1990)
Unnamed streets, lanes and alleys established. (Ordinance enacted 6-8-1799. This was the first ordinance ever adopted by the borough.)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ordinance enacted 9-17-1884)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 25, enacted 7-31-1885)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 23, enacted 6-11-1885)
Unnamed alley laid out. (Ord. No. 18, enacted 2-12-1885)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 30, enacted 6-4-1886)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 32, enacted 9-13-1886)
Unnamed streets and alleys ordained. (Ord. No. 33, enacted 12-9-1887)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 35, enacted 7-19-1888)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 36, enacted 8-11-1888)
Unnamed street extended. (Ord. No. 37, enacted 1-12-1889)
Unnamed alleys, three (3), to intersect. (Ord. No. 38, enacted 2-27-1889)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 40, enacted 6-16-1890)
Unnamed alley extended. (Ord. No. 45, enacted 11-20-1890)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 46, enacted 9-3-1891)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 47, enacted 9-15-1891)
Unnamed alley opened. (Ord. No. 52, enacted 7-12-1893)
Unnamed street extended. (Ord. No. 86, enacted 9-21-1900)
Unnamed alley extended. (Ord. No. 87, enacted 9-21-1900)
Unnamed alley opened. (Ord. No. 104, enacted 7-24-1905)
Unnamed alley opened. (Ord. No. 122, enacted 6-4-1907)
Unnamed street widened. (Ord. No. 124, enacted 9-10-1907)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 128, enacted 10-19-1908)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 129, enacted 10-19-1908)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 175, enacted 4-20-1914)
Unnamed alley, between Matlack Street and Marshall Street, opened. (Ord. No. 176, enacted 5-13-1914)
Unnamed public alley ordained. (Ord. No. 239, enacted 4-10-1929)
Unnamed alley ordained. (Ord. No. 244, enacted 11-13-1929)
Unnamed alley vacated in part. (Ordinance enacted 11-11-1953)
Unnamed alley vacated in part. (Ordinance enacted 4-14-1954)
Unnamed alleys, three (3), ordained. (Part of an ordinance enacted 3-14-1956)
Unnamed alley accepted. (Res. No. 14-62 of 9-20-1962)
Unnamed tract conveyed by Audubon Garden Apartments, Inc., dedicated for street purposes. (Res. No. 6-66 of 3-16-1966)
Unnamed tract conveyed by West Chester Homes, Inc., dedicated for street purposes. (Res. No. 7-66 of 3-30-1966)
Unnamed alley vacated. (Ord. No. 8-66, enacted 3-30-1966)
Unnamed streets, five (5): four (4) running west from Brandywine Street and one (1) running east from Brandywine Street, dedicated. (Res. No. 1-68 of 1-2-1968)
Unnamed street at northwest corner of North Everhart Street and United States Route No. 322 dedicated. (Res. No. 12-1972 of 8-9-1972)
Unnamed lot of land, street or alley which is located parallel with and between Matlack Street and Maple Alley, southeast of East Nields Street, vacated. (Ord. No. 6-1978, enacted 7-12-1978)
Unnamed alley vacated. (Ord. No. 13-1980, enacted 11-12-1980)
Unnamed alley vacated. (Ord. No. 18-1989, enacted 6-28-1989)
Unnamed alley vacated in part. (Ord. No. 14-1994, enacted 9-28-1994)
Unnamed alley vacated. (Ord. No. 2-1995, enacted 3-15-1995)
Unnamed alley which extends in a north-south direction from Rosedale Avenue to Joseph Alley between Adams Street and Penn Street shall be named "Sgt. Yarnall Alley." (Ord. No. 15-2006, enacted 9-20-2006)
Unopened alleys, vacated rights-of-way, 12. (Ord. No. 3-1997, enacted 3-19-1997)
Virginia Avenue accepted. (Part of Res. No. 10-62 of 5-9-1962)
Wayne Street, North, ordained. (Ord. No. 179, enacted 10-23-1914)
West Market Street, vacating a seventy-five-foot right-of-way and confirming a sixty-foot right-of-way. (Ord. No. 15-2009, enacted 10-29-2009)
Winder Alley, portion vacated. (Ord. No. 7-2000, enacted 4-19-2000)
Woodbine Alley widened in part. (Ord. No. 158, enacted 12-13-1911)
Woodbine Alley widened. (Ord. No. 167, enacted 2-21-1913)
Woodbine Alley widened. (Ord. No. 204, enacted 10-29-1919)
Worthington Street, between Union Street and Elmer Street, vacated. (Part of an ordinance enacted 5-11-1949)
Worthington Street, portion of, vacated. (Part of Ord. No. 16-66, enacted 11-18-1966)