[HISTORY: Adopted by the Burgesses and Assistant Burgesses of the Borough of West Chester 12-21-1801; amended in its entirety by the Council of the Borough of West Chester 3-15-2000 by Ord. No. 3-2000. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The Seal of the Borough of West Chester shall be in the manner following: an escutcheon divided into four quarters, on which shall be engraved in the upper left corner a plow and two wheat sheaves; and in the upper right corner, a handshake; and in the lower left corner, the scales of justice; and in the lower right corner a cap and books; on the outside of the escutcheon a tree, brick sidewalks and columns; the words "Borough of West Chester, Chester County, Pennsylvania, Est. 1799" around it on the outside of the margin as more particularly set forth on Exhibit A attached hereto and incorporated herein, which shall be kept by the Secretary of the Borough of West Chester, to be affixed to such acts of the corporation as the Council of the Borough of West Chester shall direct.
Editor's Note: Exhibit A is located below, following this section.