Town of West Hartford, CT
Hartford County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of West Hartford as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board — See Ch. 5, Art. VI.
Alcoholic beverages — See Ch. 45.
Outdoor burning — See Ch. 64.
Litter — See Ch. 115.
Noise — See Ch. 123.
Vehicles and traffic — See Ch. 168.
Weapons — See Ch. 174.
[Adopted 9-12-1972 (Sec. 15-10 of the 1972 Code)]
Fees for the use of Town-owned recreational facilities shall be charged only in accordance with a schedule of fees to be approved by the Town Council by resolution, which schedule may be amended from time to time by resolution of the Council.[1]
Editor's Note: The schedule of fees is on file with the Department of Leisure Services.
[Adopted 6-26-1973]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
Includes any vehicle propelled by other than muscular power.
Parks, playgrounds, open space areas or floodplains owned, operated or controlled by the Town of West Hartford.
It shall be unlawful for any person to:
Destroy, misuse, abuse, injure or remove any property, trees, shrubs or plants in any park, playground, open space area or floodplain.
Annoy other persons or disturb any wildlife or commit any act of nuisance in any park, playground, open space area or floodplain.
Throw, deposit or leave any litter or rubbish in any park, playground, open space area or floodplain.
Take any dog into any park or playground except on a leash not longer than six feet or permit any pet to go into any active play area, apparatus area, athletic field or recreation enclosure or building unless said pet is participating in a program sponsored by the Town.
Discharge or have any firearms or fireworks, except as part of a fireworks display by the Town, in any park, playground, open space area or floodplain.
Possess any alcoholic beverages in any park or playground, except in a facility licensed to serve alcoholic beverages or at a special event sponsored by the Town of West Hartford where the possession of beer and/or wine is specifically allowed.
[Amended 6-25-2013]
Drive or park any motor vehicle in any park, playground, open space area or floodplain, except on a road or parking lot or an area especially designated for motor vehicles.
Be in any park or playground after 9:00 p.m. except to participate in a supervised program of the Town.
Shoot any arrows in any park, playground, open space area or floodplain.