Town of Newington, CT
Hartford County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Newington 9-25-1980 (§§ 18-51 and 18-52 of the 1974 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
Vehicles and traffic — See Ch. 404.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
A motor vehicle of the type designed for off-the-road uses for recreation, entertainment or pleasure and which is not authorized by the State of Connecticut to be operated on public streets and highways, including but not limited to minibikes, trail bikes, dune buggies, snowmobiles and swamp buggies.
It shall be unlawful for any person to operate or permit and suffer to be operated a recreational motor vehicle as defined in § 415-1 within the Town of Newington under any of the following circumstances:
On private property of another without the express prior written consent of the owner and the occupant of said property. Such consent may be revoked at any time by the grantor thereof. Where such express prior written consent has been obtained, the operator or person at the site responsible for such operation shall keep said consent on his person and available for immediate display at all times during the period of such operation. Excepted from the operation of this subsection are any private clubs or other organizations that permit the operation of recreational motor vehicles on their property in connection with the principal use of said property by the members of any such club or organization.
On any public grounds or property, including Town-owned land, which shall include but not be limited to parks, ballparks, recreation areas, Town-owned streets, easements and sidewalk, or areas dedicated to or commonly used for vehicular or pedestrian traffic, Town storage facilities, garage areas and Board of Education grounds, unless specifically designated, set aside and reserved therefor by resolution of the Town Council and in conformance with policies regarding the use of such vehicles adopted by the Board of Education or the Board of Parks and Recreation.