[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Council of the City of Rahway 7-9-1984 by Ord. No. A-12-84 as Ch. 140 of the 1984 Code. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- PUBLIC HEALTH NUISANCE CODE OF NEW JERSEY (1953)
- That certain code approved by the State Department of Health on September 16, 1953, for adoption by reference by local Boards of Health in accordance with law, being a code:
- (1) Defining and prohibiting certain matters, things, conditions or acts, and each of them as a nuisance.
- (2) Prohibiting certain noises or sounds.
- (3) Requiring proper heating of apartments.
- (4) Prohibiting lease or rental of certain buildings.
- (5) Prohibiting spitting in or upon public buildings, conveyances or sidewalks.
- (6) Authorizing the inspection of premises by an enforcing official.
- (7) Providing for the removal or abatement of certain nuisances and recovery of expenses incurred by the city in removing or abating such nuisances.
Whenever the following words, terms or phrases are used in the Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953), they shall have the following meanings herein given:
- BOARD OF HEALTH
- The Division of Health in the Department of Health and Welfare of the City of Rahway.
- ENFORCING OFFICIAL
- The Director of Health and Welfare.
- The City of Rahway.
Pursuant to and in accordance with the Public Health and Sanitation Codes Adoption by Reference Act (N.J.S.A. 26:3-69.1 to 26:3-69.6), there is hereby established and adopted as the public health nuisance standards of the city the whole of the Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953). A printed copy of said code is annexed to and incorporated by reference in this chapter adopting said standards.
The Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953) is hereby incorporated in this chapter by reference and made a part hereof as fully as though it had been set forth at length herein.
In accordance with law, the required number of printed copies of the Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953) have been placed on file in the office of the City Clerk and in the office of the Director of Health and Welfare of the city and shall remain on file in said offices for the use and examination of the public so long as this chapter shall remain in effect.
[Amended 7-9-1984 by Ord. No. A-12-84]
Any person who violates or neglects to comply with any provision of this chapter, including the Public Health Nuisance Code of New Jersey (1953) incorporated herein by reference, or notice issued pursuant thereto, shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by a fine not exceeding $500 for each violation. A separate offense shall be deemed committed on each day during or on which a violation occurs or continues.