[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Township of Penn 6-15-1998 by Ord. No. 702. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following definitions shall apply for the purpose of this chapter:
- ALARM SYSTEM
- Any device designed for the detection of unauthorized entry on the premises, unlawful act or detection of fire or smoke, and when activated gives a signal, either visual, audible or both, or transmits or causes to be transmitted a signal.
- CALENDAR YEAR
- January 1 through December 31.
- The amount assessed a subscriber protected by an alarm system for a false alarm only.
- FALSE ALARM
- An alert by an alarm system, which upon investigation discloses that no burglary, attempted burglary, breaking and entering, robbery or other acts for which it is designed to initiate police investigation where action has occurred, or where the investigation discloses that no fire or smoke exists for which it is designed to initiate a response by a Fire Department. It should not include alerts caused by power outages or weather conditions.
- An owner or lessor of a premises equipped with an alarm system.
Whenever a false alarm is received for a premises served by an alarm system, the subscriber shall be charged an amount in accordance with the following schedule:
In the event that only the Penn Township Police Department responds, the full charge per alarm shall be paid to the Township of Penn. In the event that only a volunteer Fire Department organized and existing within the corporate limits of the Township of Penn responds, said charge shall be paid directly to the volunteer Fire Department responding. In the event that a combination of volunteer Fire Department or departments and the Penn Township police respond, the charge set forth herein shall be divided equally among the responding agencies.
The failure of a subscriber to pay a false alarm charge shall result in the filing of a citation before the issuing authority to institute a summary for criminal proceeding; or the Township of Penn or the responding volunteer Fire Department shall have the right to collect said charge by an action in assumpsit, and shall have the right to lien, collect and enforce such charge in the same matter as hereintofore provided by the act of assembly for the enforcement, liening and claiming of municipal claims against subscribers.