[HISTORY: Adopted by Common Council of City of North Tonawanda 8-7-1950.]
It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to use an automobile trailer or house car as habitation or to establish, maintain, operate or conduct within the City of North Tonawanda any tourist park or camp, or any automobile trailer park or camp or any combination of same without having first secured a license therefor from the Mayor, upon the official sanction of the North Tonawanda Common Council and the Zoning and Planning Commission.
- TOURIST PARK or CAMP
- Any plot of ground upon which one or more camp cottages, cabins or tents are used or arranged to be used for living or sleeping.
- CAMP COTTAGE, CABIN or TENT
- Any building or structure or enclosure not conforming to the provisions of the Building Code and Zoning Ordinances of the City of North Tonawanda, New York, now in effect or hereafter adopted.
- AUTOMOBILE TRAILER PARK or CAMP
- Any plot of ground where space is provided or used for one or more automobile trailers or house cars used or arranged to be used for living or sleeping.
- AUTOMOBILE TRAILER or HOUSE CAR
- Any vehicle used or arranged to be used for living or sleeping, mounted on wheels or arranged to be mounted on wheels or arranged to be movable and propelled either by its own power or drawn by another power-driven source or vehicle.
Removal of the wheels of an automobile trailer or house car, except temporarily for repairs, or the permanent blocking up of an automobile trailer or house car or the enclosure of the space beneath an automobile trailer or house car, whether situated in a camp or elsewhere, is to be construed to automatically convert the automobile trailer or house car into a permanent structure subject to the requirements of said Building Code, Zoning Ordinance and all other laws and ordinances applicable to dwellings now in effect or hereafter adopted; notice of such removal of wheels, blocking up or enclosure are to be given forthwith to the Building Inspector.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, no person shall detach any automobile trailer or house car or other trailer from its towing vehicle and permit the same to remain standing in any public street or place.
No license for such use of a trailer or house car shall be issued unless the automobile trailer or house car for which such license is sought shall be provided with adequate water closets, properly lighted and ventilated and connected with the public water system and the city's sanitary sewer. Such license shall provide that it may be revoked by the Mayor at any time and shall be subject to such other or further regulations as the Mayor may impose. No license shall be issued for said trailer and tourist park in a residential or mercantile area.
Applications for such licenses shall be made to the Mayor upon such forms as prescribed by him.
The license fee for licenses provided for herein shall be as follows:
A violation of this ordinance is punishable by a fine not exceeding $150, or by imprisonment not exceeding 150 days or by both such fine and imprisonment, or by a penalty of not less than $5 nor more that $500, to be recovered by the City of North Tonawanda in the civil action.