[R.O. 1996 § 900.010; Ord. No. 4434 § 1, 6-17-2013]
Words and terms used in this Title shall be given the meanings set forth in this Chapter. All words not defined in this Chapter shall be given their common, ordinary meanings, as the context may reasonably suggest. In case of a dispute over the meaning of a term not defined in this Title or over the application of a definition that is set forth, the Director of Parks and Recreation shall give a written interpretation in accordance with the procedures and standards of Section 403.130, Written Interpretations.
The following terms and their derivations shall have the meanings given herein.
- A fire not contained within a grill or fireplace.
- The Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Department.
- Director of Parks and Recreation or their designee.
- PARK or CITY PARK
- A park owned, leased or operated by the City of Blue Springs.
- PARENT or SPECTATOR
- Any child or adult who may be attending a practice or game and is not participating as a player, coach, manager, or official.
- Shall extend and be applied to associations, corporations, limited-liability companies, firms, partnerships and bodies politic and corporate as well as to individuals. Whenever used with respect to any penalty, the word "person," as applied to partnerships or associations, shall mean the partners or members thereof, and as applied to corporations and limited-liability companies, the officers and members thereof.
- Any child or adult that is on a roster and actively involved in a practice or game.
- Informational signage designed to inform the persons of the status of the park or facility.
- SPORTS OFFICIAL
- A referee, umpire, scorekeeper, field personnel, manager or person serving in a management or supervisory capacity.
[R.O. 1996 § 900.020; Ord. No. 4434 § 1, 6-17-2013]
City parks and property under the stewardship of the Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Department, excluding Hidden Valley Park, shall be open from 6:00 A.M. to 12:00 midnight daily and should be posted as such. Persons or groups issued a facility reservation permit shall be exempt from these daily hours to the extent that the issued permit so provides. Entering a City park at a time other than scheduled hours of operation is prohibited.
Any portion, all or part of any City park may be declared closed to the public by the Director of Parks and Recreation or their designee at any time and for any interval of time, either temporarily or at regular and stated intervals (daily or otherwise), and may be either closed entirely or merely as to certain uses, as the Director shall find reasonably necessary. Any City park so closed shall be posted. During any periods of time when any City parks are closed, no person shall enter or occupy any such City park or portion of the closed City park contrary to the posted sign/regulations.
It shall be unlawful for any person to be on or in the premises, boundaries or facilities of any City park or City park facility other than between the hours posted for use or open on the entry signs, unless participating in a scheduled, supervised program, sports league, tournament or event approved by or sponsored by the Department of Parks and Recreation.
[R.O. 1996 § 900.030; Ord. No. 4434 § 1, 6-17-2013]
The speed limit upon any roadway or in any parking lot within a City park shall be ten (10) miles per hour unless otherwise posted.