[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Waynesboro 1-17-1979 by Ord. No. 842 (Ch. XIV, Part 5 of the 1970 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following words and phrases when used in this chapter shall have, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the meanings given to them in this section:
- ADDITIONAL ALARMS
- Alarms either fire or intrusion in excess of the number per quarter permitted by Borough Council by resolution.
- BUILDING OFFICIAL
- The Code Enforcement Officer of the Borough of Waynesboro.
- Individual, establishment, partnership, entity, concern or corporation owning, possessing, installing or having installed intrusion alarm or fire alarm equipment connected to the Borough of Waynesboro either directly or by a telephone dialer system.
- DIALER ALARMS
- Any type of intrusion or fire alarm system which when activated would cause the telephone in either the Police or Fire Station to be rung.
- REMOTE ALARM CONSOLE
- Indicator panel in either Police or Fire Departments, which is directly connected to intrusion or fire alarm systems and which is activated by the same.
Each and every customer utilizing any intrusion or fire alarm system connected into the Police Department or Fire Department of the Borough of Waynesboro shall pay quarterly the amount set by Borough Council by resolution to the Borough of Waynesboro for each unit connected for the benefits or advantages received through the use of such system from the Police Department and the Fire Department and in addition shall pay a onetime connection fee in the amount set by Borough Council by resolution.
Each and every customer utilizing any type of intrusion or fire alarm system which when activated would cause the phone in the Police Department or the Fire Department to be rung shall pay quarterly the amount set by Borough Council by resolution per unit to the Borough of Waynesboro for the benefits or advantages received through the use of such systems from the Police Department and Fire Department.
Should any of the intrusion or fire alarm systems described in §§ 87-2 and 87-3 cause more than three false alarms to occur during any calendar quarter, a service charge shall be levied against the owner of said system for each and every false alarm occurring more than three times during the quarter. The service charge shall be in the amount set by Borough Council by resolution.
Any service charge levied shall be payable by such customer within 30 days after each occurrence resulting in the imposition of said charge. All other fees shall be payable quarterly in advance.
Any customer who fails to pay any such fee or service charge within 30 days following the time the same became due, shall have his alarm connection service with the Borough suspended until such time as the aforesaid fee for the current year is remitted to the Borough of Waynesboro as aforesaid.
The Borough shall, if it deems necessary, have the right to inspect the connection, operation and maintenance of the system.
Any customer installing an intrusion or fire alarm system described in §§ 87-2 and 87-3 shall be required to obtain a permit from the building official prior to the installing of any of the above described systems. The cost of this permit shall be an amount set by Borough Council by resolution. Any violation of this section shall result in the prosecution by the violator by the Borough and a fine imposed of not more than $50 and costs plus the appropriate quarterly fees from the date of installation.