[R.O. 2009 §10.20.010; Prior Code §7-601; Ord. No. 4765, 2-8-1990]
When used in this Chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
- COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE
- A motor vehicle designed and regularly used for carrying products, materials, freight and/or merchandise.
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- Any self-propelled vehicle not operated exclusively upon tracks.
- RECREATIONAL MOTOR VEHICLE
- Any motor vehicle designed, constructed or substantially modified so that it may be used and/or is used for the purpose of temporary housing quarters, including therein sleeping and/or eating facilities which are either permanently attached to the motor vehicle.
- Any vehicle without motive power designed for carrying property or passengers on its own structure and for being drawn by a self-propelled vehicle, except those running exclusively on tracks, including a semi-trailer or vehicle of the trailer type so designed and used in conjunction with a self-propelled vehicle that a considerable part of its own weight rests upon and is carried by the towing vehicle. The term "trailer" shall not include manufactured homes as defined in City Code.
[R.O. 2009 §10.20.020; Prior Code §7-602; Ord. No. 4340 §1, 1982; Ord. No. 4580 §1, 7-7-1986; Ord. No. 4756 §1, 1-8-1990; Ord. No. 5193 §2, 4-6-1998; Ord. No. 5303 §2, 1-2000; Ord. No. 5418 §IV, 8-29-2001]
Commercial motor vehicles shall be operated, subject to the exception set out in Section 390.030, only on the streets within the City listed in Schedule V.
[R.O. 2009 §10.20.030; Prior Code §7-603]
Commercial motor vehicles shall be allowed to make local deliveries and pickups of products, materials, freight and/or merchandise off of the streets designated in Section 390.020. The local deliveries and pickups shall be made from other streets within the City on a route proceeding from the nearest street as designated in Section 390.020.
[R.O. 2009 §10.20.040; Prior Code §7-604]
The streets set out in Section 390.020 are designated as "truck routes" and signs giving notice of the foregoing provisions shall be erected and maintained on the truck routes by the City.
[R.O. 2009 §10.20.050; Ord. No. 4765, 2-8-1990]
Commercial Motor Vehicles. No person, firm, association or corporation shall park or store a commercial vehicle or other vehicle licensed in excess of twelve thousand (12,000) G.V.W. used for commercial or industrial purposes, with the exception of a passenger car or station wagon or any service or emergency vehicle there and then performing, preparing to perform or completing the performance of such service or emergency vehicle there and then performing, preparing to perform or completing the performance of such service or emergency function on any public or private street, road or lane in a residential area.
Trailer. No person, firm, association or corporation shall park or store a trailer, as defined herein, on any public or private street, road or lane in a residential area.
Recreational Motor Vehicle. No person, firm, association or corporation shall park or store a recreational motor vehicle, as defined herein, on any public or private street, road or lane in a residential area.