Village of Grafton, WI
Ozaukee County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Village Board of the Village of Grafton as Title 9, Part VIII, Ch. 9.76, of the 1979 Code; amended in its entirety by Ord. No. A-511-88, 1988. Subsequent amendments noted where applicable.]
It is unlawful within the limits of the Village for any person to sell, expose or offer for sale, use, keep or discharge, or to explode any firecracker, bottle rocket, cherry bomb, colored smoke bomb, blank cartridge toy pistol or cannon in which explosives are used, contrivances using explosive caps or cartridges, display wheels, the type of balloon which requires fire underneath to propel the same, firecrackers, torpedoes, sky rockets, roman candles, aerial salutes, American or Chinese bombs or other fireworks containing any explosives of flammable compound, or any tablets or other device commonly used and sold as fireworks containing nitrates, chlorates, oxylates, sulphides of lead, barium, antimony, arsenic, mercury, nitroglycerine, phosphorus, or any compound containing any of the same or other explosives.
Fireworks, other than those prohibited by the laws of the state, may be used and displayed in open fields, public parks, private parks or rivers, lakes and ponds by public authorities, fair associations, amusement parks, park boards, civic organizations and groups of individuals that have been granted permits for such displays by the Village President. Application for permits shall be filed in writing with the Village Clerk, who shall refer such applications to the Village President.
If the Village President determines that the applicant will use the fireworks in a public exhibition and that all reasonable precautions will be exercised with regard to the protection of the lives and property of all persons, he may issue a permit for the use of fireworks at the time and place set out in the application.
Before any permit for the use or display of fireworks shall be granted to any applicant, the applicant shall file with the Village Clerk an indemnity bond in the name of the Village in the amount of $2,000 with good and sufficient sureties for the payment of all claims that may arise by reason of injury to persons or property from the handling, use or discharge of fireworks under such permit.
No permit shall be granted for the display of fireworks within 50 feet of any gasoline pump, gasoline filling station or gasoline bulk station or any building in which gasoline or volatile liquid is sold in quantities in excess of one gallon.