[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Township of North Brunswick 12-21-2009 by Ord. No. 09-25. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Land use — See Ch. 205.
Parks and playgrounds — See Ch. 234.
Property maintenance — See Ch. 243.
Editor's Note: This ordinance also repealed former Ch. 231, Parkland Dedication, adopted 3-20-1989.
For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- PLANNED COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- An area of a minimum contiguous or noncontiguous size, as specified by ordinance, to be developed according to a plan as a single entity containing one or more structures with appurtenant common areas to accommodate commercial or office uses, or both, and any residential and other uses incidental to the predominant use as may be permitted by ordinance.
- PLANNED DEVELOPMENT
- Planned unit development, planned unit residential development, residential cluster, planned commercial development or planned industrial development, all of which shall be collectively referred to in this chapter as "planned development." Any planned development as defined herein shall be subject to the requirements of this chapter.
- PLANNED INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT
- An area of a minimum contiguous or noncontiguous size, as specified by ordinance, to be developed according to a plan as a single entity containing one or more structures with appurtenant common areas to accommodate industrial uses and any other uses incidental to the predominant use as may be permitted by ordinance.
- PLANNED UNIT DEVELOPMENT
- An area with a specified minimum contiguous or noncontiguous acreage of 10 acres or more to be developed as a single entity according to a plan, containing one or more residential clusters or planned unit residential developments and one or more public, quasi-public, commercial or industrial areas in such ranges of ratios of nonresidential uses to residential uses as shall be specified in the zoning ordinance.
- PLANNED UNIT RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT
- An area with a specified minimum contiguous or noncontiguous acreage of five acres or more to be developed as a single entity according to a plan containing one or more residential clusters, which may include appropriate commercial, public or quasi-public uses, all primarily for the benefit of the residential development.
- RESIDENTIAL CLUSTER
- A contiguous or noncontiguous area to be developed as a single entity according to a plan containing residential housing units which have a common or public open space area as an appurtenance.
The developer of a planned development, as defined herein, shall be required to dedicate and improve parkland. Any lands proposed to be dedicated shall be subject to acceptance by the Township Council as to location, size and improvements. However, at a minimum, 75% of the acreage to be dedicated shall be developed for active recreation purposes.
The acreage dedication and the improvement contribution equivalent shall be calculated by utilizing the National Recreation and Park Association standard of eight acres of developed parkland per 1,000 population. This standard results in a requirement of 0.008 acre per person. The acreage to be dedicated shall be determined by multiplying the number of units in the development by the per-person household multipliers contained herein and by multiplying the resulting project population by the acreage standard of 0.008 per person.
If the required dedication acreage of a planned development, as defined herein, is calculated to be 10 acres or more, 50% of the calculated acreage must be improved and dedicated to the Township. The acreage required to be improved and dedicated shall be in parcels which are a minimum of five acres in size.
The following population multipliers shall be applied to the acreage requirements by residential unit type, as follows:
All planned developments which have not received site plan or final subdivision approval prior to the effective date of this chapter shall be subject to the requirements of this chapter.